SCATS® is the most advanced and widely used fully adaptive urban traffic control system in the market today. Its real-time response to changing traffic condition ensures the most appropriate traffic signal phasing to safely direct traffic through intersections.
SCATS® uses real time traffic adaptive approach to urban traffic control by measuring current traffic conditions and adjusting Cycle Lengths, Splits, and Offsets.
Features & Benefits:
- Detects real time changes in traffic flow and adjusts timing parameters constantly to match changing traffic patterns and achieve optimized operation.
- User friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI) that allows for easy operation.
- Hierarchical structure of signal control facilitates a “modular” approach to system expansion.
- Can be upgraded or expanded to meet changing requirements.
- Other applications can be integrated into the system.
- Provides details/reports of traffic flows for other planning purposes.
- SCATS® enables a hierarchical system of fall back operation in the event of temporary communications failure. Such equipment faults are monitored by the system.
* SCATS® is developed and owned by the Roads & Traffic Authority of New South Wales in Australia.